Up to date as of January 2015
2013- Present The University of Sheffield: Geography PhD
Primary Supervisor: Prof Chris Clark Secondary Supervisor: Dr Darrel Swift
2008-2012 The University of Edinburgh: Geography BSc (Hons) First Class
Awards and Prizes
- Royal Scottish Geographical Society Edinburgh University Medal for 2012.
- University of Edinburgh Institute of Geography prize for the highest grade average of the 2012 year group (including both BSc and MA Geography students).
- Lind Prize for the highest achieving junior honours student in geography at Edinburgh (both BSc and MA).
- Special merit prizes in: Oceanography; Geomorphology; Economic and Political Geography; and Astronomy.
- Vacation Scholarship from the Carnegie Trust towards the fieldwork costs of my undergraduate dissertation.
- Full Faculty Scholarship for my PhD studies at the University of Sheffield.
- Postgraduate Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (RGS)
- Member of the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and UK Polar Network (UKPN) – my profile can be found here
- Member of the Quaternary Research Association (QRA)
- Postgraduate member of the British Society for Geomorphology (BSG)
Relevant Work Experience
Climate Change Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
Research Assistant on an expedition to the Patriot Hills, West Antarctica. Team leaders: Prof Chris Turney and Dr Chris Fogwill. Part of the Ellsworth Mountains Project.
Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK.
Glaciology Intern supervised by Prof Liz Morris
Private Tutor in Geography from primary school to undergraduate (Currently registered with First Tutors under this profile)
The Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK.
Member of the Sedgwick Young Design Squad tasked with redesigning the “Ancient Life” gallery.